Learn all about one of the newest features on Holonis, Starified!
What is Starified?
Starified is an artistic photo creation tool built right into Holonis. You can take a new photo or select an old one from your gallery and turn it into art. Starified is able to detect full body outlines of individuals or groups then turn them into a silhouette or outline with numerous color selections. You can place fun filters on your photos as well as change the background to transport you to a completely different place. It even has motion graphics and effects! Think of it as photoshopped simplified. There will be new filters and backgrounds released continuously. Please note, Starfied is currently only available in the iOS app. We plan to expand to web and Android in the future.
How do I use Starified?
- Be sure you’re logged into the iOS app (download here).
- Click the “+” button in the bottom center of the screen on the app.
- Select the “Get Starified” star icon. *Note: Starfied is also accessible while creating a Post and Page by simply clicking the star icon in the creation toolbar.
- Take a new photo or select an old photo by clicking “Gallery” at the top of the screen.
- Starify will detect your body outlines. It does this so it can better place the photo effects you add later. If it happened to miss a spot or highlighted an area that you don’t want as part of your outline, you can edit it by using these tools located beneath the photo.
- Erase Icon: located on the left-hand side of the toolbar, this allows you to erase any part of the outline you don’t want to be identified as a body.
- Pen Icon: This allows you to add to the outline if an area was missed.
- Dot Icon: By moving your finger up or down across this icon you can control the thickness of either the eraser or the pen depending on which one you have selected.
- Back Arrow: This allows you to undo the previous draw or erase action taken.
- If you are satisfied with your cutout, click the check mark icon.
- Now it’s time to create! Use the tools defined below to get started.
- Filters: Located at the bottom of your screen you can select fun photo filters such as “Beautiful” or “Animals” that will place designs within your photo. Choose from an array of designs by swiping across the different options within each category.
- Color: When selecting/previewing any photo filter (i.e. “Beautiful” or “Animal”) located on the bottom of your screen, use this icon to select which color you want the filter to appear in. Click the check mark when done.
- Silhouette: Select the color of your silhouette on the color scale and then determine it’s transparency level by moving the bar left or right on the scale. Click the check mark when done.
- Outline: Select your color, then select how many layers of outline you would like. Choose by selecting the icon with one line (I), two lines (II), or three lines(III). Edit the thicknesses by moving your finger up or down across the dot icon located next to them. Click the check mark when done.
- Background: You can select a stock image as your background, a solid color, or a picture from your photo library all by sliding through the option tabs located below your image.
- Overlay: Add color between you and the background by selecting a color and a level of transparency.
- Click Save in the top right hand corner of your screen to save your image to your camera roll. It will also prompt you to post it on Holonis. You can post immediately or you can wait to post later.
Please remember to abide by Holonis’ Content Guidelines when posting your creations. Get creative, have fun, and get starfied!